1. You belong: enter the race, join the club, sign up for the class, take the job, try out for the team, own your place.
2. You cannot be your best friend if you are your own worst enemy: quit discounting, disregarding, disrespecting yourself.
3. You should never measure yourself by any number: Count less what is countable. Because what is countless, counts more. Memories, laughter, adventures, goosebumps, moments of breathlessness.
4. You need never apologize for your song, your dance, your path, your wings, your heart, your life: sing, dance, wander, unfurl, love, live.
5. You are needed: someone wakes up, smiles, has a friend, is loved, because of you.
6. You deserve to be happy, to chase your dreams, to know love, to live your life: you need simply grant yourself permission.
7. You are beautiful: the discussion ends there.
8. You are more than good enough: right now, just as you are.
9. You, above all else, deserve your own grace, kindness, light and love: be good to you.
10. You possess a superpower: a heart, that even when broken, still beats. A promise that you will be okay.
~Tony Garcia, author
This morning, a woman in one of my survivors of suicide loss groups shared the message above with fellow members. She shared this message with us because she understands the devastation and hopelessness that suicide loss survivors feel.
I see the message above as being equally as important for those of us who struggle with our own thoughts of suicide. If only we could be gentle with ourselves, and always know that we are needed in this world.
Garcia's words are powerful. I hope they may touch someone's heart today, the way they did my own.